You are here: Home Parish News Parish News - August 2016

Cuddesdon and Denton Community Website

Parish News - August 2016

E-mail Print

The broadband upgrade to the village is likely to be completed in November or December 2016, when the fibre connection to the cabinet in the High Street from the Wheatley exchange will be made.

200 properties will be connected to the cabinet and it is predicted that approximately 75% of these properties will then have superfast broadband speeds. No additional work is currently planned for the remaining 25%, but the possibility of releasing extra funds is being investigated, so the speed to these properties can be increased. The postcodes which will be connected to the cabinet are (all beginning OX44 9) ET, EU, EX, EY, EZ, HA, HB, HD, HE, HF, HG, HJ, HL, HP, HQ, HY, HZ, JA, JB, JD, JE, JF, JG, JH, JJ, JL, JN, JP, JQ, JS, JU, JW and JZ.

The County Council’s alternative bookable bus service is called the Oxfordshire Comet, and it uses vehicles which normally take children to school and adults to day care centres. The service only runs between 10.15am and 2.30pm, but it is quite cheap. Since we no longer have a bus running to the village, if you are interested in using the alternative service then contact 01865 323291 or go to www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/comet.

The County Council has now decided that grass verges will only be cut once a year. Rural lanes are the lowest priority and so our verges will be cut after everything else.

There are three new planning applications, which have all been recommended for approval by the Parish Council. The first is for the grain store at Slay Barn Farm (P16/S1962/FUL), which is now proposed to be two buildings rather than one, with a similar overall size. The second is listed building consent for painting and re-plastering at the White Cottage in Denton (P16/S2328/LB), and the third is for a lean to extension at Upper Farm in Denton (P16/S2226/FUL) The grain store and White Cottage changes have both been granted by the District Council. They have not yet considered the lean to.

Mike Mount
Parish Clerk