You are here: Home Parish Council Meeting Minutes Parish Council Meeting Minutes - March 2009

Cuddesdon and Denton Community Website

Parish Council Meeting Minutes - March 2009

E-mail Print

CUDDESDON AND DENTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING


10th March 2009 at 7.30pm at Ripon College


Present: Martyn Percy (Chairman) MP
 David Keene (Vice Chairman) DK   
 Kathy Hawley KH
 Nick King NK   
 Cyril Sellar CS
 Katrina Sheldon KS
 Lynda Ware LW
 Elizabeth Gillespie (SODC) EG
 Mike Mount (Clerk) MM

Apologies: David Turner (OCC) DT


20 DECLARATION OF INTEREST

CS declared an interest in Brook Cottage.


21 MINUTES OF LAST MEETING

The minutes of the last meeting were approved.


22 MATTERS ARISING

22.1 Trees
• There had been a meeting with local residents at Denton Green on 28th February, and it had been agreed that a number of trees should be pruned. The Parish Council felt that tree 4126 (the horse chestnut between White Cottage and the brook) should be felled, and the OCC arboriculturalist had written confirming that she thought this was necessary. Graham Hawkins, a local resident, had said he would seek advice from an SODC tree expert he knew. Action: MM to find out G Hawkins’ progress
• On 28th February the Parish Council had also reviewed the trees on Cuddesdon Green. It was agreed that advice should be sought from a professional designer to improve the area.
Action: DK

22.2 Web Site
The web site was now properly operational
Action: MM to put a note in the Newsletter

22.3 Grass Cutting
The contract for the grass cutting for the coming year had been placed with Berinsfield, since all the other quotes were more expensive. Berinsfield had agreed to include up to two extra cuts of the Recreation Ground free of charge.

22.4 Moles
The pest controller had advised that elimination of the moles on the Recreation Ground was progressing.

22.5 Insurance Cover
Allianz had stated that the concert and dinner at Denton House in the summer would only be covered by the Parish Council’s insurance if they were the sole organisers, which was not the case.

22.6 Rubbish Removal
The rubbish near the sewage works on the Chiselhampton Road had not been removed.
Action: MM to contact SODC again

22.7 Basketball Fund
EG confirmed that the grant payment from SODC would only be made when a receipt was received.


23 DISTRICT COUNCIL REPORT (EG)

• The new waste collection service would start on 8th June with bins being delivered from the end of March. Actions: MM note in Newsletter and on web site
• The council tax was rising by 2.9%, and it was anticipated that current services would be maintained.
• Plans for the Grenoble Road development had been modified and this was now going to consultation.


24 PLANNING ISSUES

SODC had been written to confirming that the Parish Council opposed the application for an extension at 44 High Street (P09/W0087) because the increase of the entrance width would affect High Street parking and the removal of the wall would damage the character of the area.


25 FINANCE

Payment: Clerk’s expenses to MM £12.62


26 PARISH COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS

KS: There was a stream flowing onto Brook Lane causing damage to the road surface. Action: DT to investigate

There was some light industrial work taking place in barns off Brook Lane. Action: DK to investigate


27 CLERK’S BUSINESS

• The police had written to advise that theft of motor vehicles, particularly older hatchbacks, and the theft of number plates were prevalent in the area.

• Ken Montgomery, a local resident, had complained about the local buses not running during the bad weather, when there was snow and flooding. MP had phoned OCC and the bus company and written to them about this.


28 ANNUAL PARISH MEETING

• The contributors to the Annual Parish Meeting were agreed. Action: MM to contact them
• It was agreed that contributors should be persuaded to attend rather than sending written reports
• NK asked that the Parish Plan was last on the agenda so that there could be longer discussion about it. This was agreed


29 OUTSTANDING

The status of the footpath at Chippinghurst Manor needed investigation. Action: DT