You are here: Home All Saints' Church

Cuddesdon and Denton Community Website

All Saints' Church

O Sisters Too!

E-mail Print

 ‘That woman… is a woman!’ So declares the shocked Sir Edmund Tilney at the sight of a woman playing a female role in a Shakespeare play (Shakespeare in Love).

Read more...
 

The Cloths of Heaven

E-mail Print

From Jonathan Arnold, Chaplain of Worcester College, Oxford

Read more...
 

The Hatchment of Bishop Legge

E-mail Print

A hatchment that had hung neglected in the ringing chamber of the tower of All Saints has been restored and now hangs resplendently in the nave over the north door, a particularly appropriate position because this was the door through which Bishops of Oxford, resident in the Palace just to the north of the church from the seventeenth century through to the 1970s, would have entered All Saints.

Read more...
 

A Brief History of The Church by Mark Chapman

E-mail Print

The Parish of Cuddesdon

Since the foundation of the theological college by Bishop Samuel Wilberforce in 1854 (now Ripon College Cuddesdon), All Saints’ Church has been known throughout the Anglican Communion.

Read more...
 
Page 5 of 5